Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The White Stripes, Scouting for Girls, Coheed and Cambria

The White StripesThe White Stripes have really grown on me recently. I used to not be fan of the two man (well, one man and one woman) band. Lately I have been listening to the first song I will be presenting to you today, "A Martyr for my Love for You," and have been enjoying it thoroughly. A two person band is not something you come across often, so they deserve a lot of respect not only for pulling it off, but being able to create such amazing music with this seemingly handicap. "A Martyr for my Love for You" is The White Stripes' newest single off their newest album released last year, "Icky Thump."



This next band, Scouting for Girls, is a London based up and coming band. Their self-titled debut album hit #1 in England. Their music is now traveling to the states where they are also becoming big. Their name actually comes from a play on words of the Scouting for Boys handbook, which provides young boys on good citizenship, first published in 1908. This is my favorite song from them, "She's so lovely."


The last band today is also one that I did not like upon first hearing. Their singers voice is oddly high for a man, and their looks are a bit wacky, and dare I say out of date...if it was ever in. The band I am talking about is Coheed and Cambria. Though the singing is a little wacky, I can't help but give in to the music and enjoy it. It really grows on you. This is their newest single, "The Suffering."


No comments: