Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Offspring, Flobots, M.I.A.

The Offspring recently released their newest album, "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" on June 17th of this year. Listening to the album, I heard a lot of different styles. Some songs sound like a new style of Offspring, while others are slower, ballad like songs, while yet in others The Offspring returns to their roots to create music that sounds a lot like their older music. Needless to say, I love their old style type songs. Don't get me wrong though, the whole album is nearly flawless. I enjoy all of the songs off of the album and have listened through the album multiple times already. This is my favorite song off of the album, which in my opinion, reflects off of some of the older offspring style.



This next band is an upcoming band that is rising among the ranks quickly. Though you probably only know them for their most popular song, "Handlebars," the Flobots have a lot of songs that could become hits. I believe the best quality about these guys is their ability to write good lyrics. Listen for yourself in my favorite song from them, "Standup."


This next band is also looking to boost their popularity. Recently they have been known for their song, "Paper Planes," either through the movie Pineapple Express, or other sources. M.I.A. actually has a lot of great songs, and I do not think that this will be a one hit wonder band for sure. This is my favourite song from them, "Bucky Done Gone."

No comments: