Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Candlebox, Tegan and Sara, Scars on Broadway, The Bravery

After my hectic but amazing memorial weekend, I decided to sit down and look for a couple of new artists and songs that I could share with you. I came up with four songs from the bands candlebox, tegan and sara, scars on broadway, and a new song from the bravery. The first song is from candlebox, who is just now coming back after close to a seven year break. The first single that they released is "Stand."



This next band, Tegan and Sara, reminds me a lot of the Ting Tings that I posted earlier. I came across a remix of their song, and was interested enough to hear their original song. I was more impressed with the original song, so I figured that I would post this. This song is entitled, "Back in your head."


When system of a down parted ways, the singer, serj tankian, decided to do his own solo project. The guitarist and drummer decided to make their own project called Scars on Broadway. It is interesting to see that both of the bands make very different music from the System of a Down type of music that they did for so long. This is Scars on Broadway's first single, they say.


Though I do not normally like to post about well known, popular bands that people know a lot about already, I really enjoyed this song. The Bravery had previously not been on my list of bands that I enjoy, however this song puts them on the list. This song, "Believe" has a unique feel to it that reminds me of modest mouse, oddly enough.

No comments: