Saturday, May 31, 2008

Apocalyptica, Egypt Central, 3rd Strike

The first song I will be showing you today is my current favorite song. Apocalyptica is a band made up of four people that play the cello and are mostly popular in Europe for their beautiful instrumentals. Lately, however, they have been branching out and hiring different singers (as they do not have one) and creating rock type music with them. The first song that gained mainstream recognition from them was a song called "I'm not Jesus," which featured Corey Taylor, the singer of slipknot and stone sour. The song that I present to you today is entitled, "I Don't Care," which features Adam Gontier, the singer from Three Days Grace. It starts slow but speeds up.



Egypt Central is a band still attempting to break through and become more popular by going mainstream and getting recognition from their amazing songs. Their first single, "You Make me Sick," helped bring them to radios across America. The song I will be showing you today from this band is entitled, "Taking You Down."



My favorite type of music is actually a mix between rap and rock. 3Oh!3, Hed PE, and this band, 3rd Strike, are great examples of what this genre has to offer. I believe this this type of music is very underrated, and deserves more recognition. In an effort to do so, I present to you 3rd Strikes song, "All lies."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gift of great music. Apocalypita: a rocking cello band with no singer. WOW

Anonymous said...

Great music!