Sunday, June 8, 2008

Filter, Vanderveen, Walls of Jericho, Rehab

I've got some great music for you all today. Most of the songs today are stuff that you have probably never heard before, as the bands either come from a foreign country or have a unique sound. I'll start today's post off with a band you have most likely heard of before. Filter just released their newest album. I was a little disappointed when I heard their song, "Soldiers of Misfortune," as I really did not like that song at all, but was sparked up again after hearing their next single, "What's Next," which is a lot darker than the previous song. Now I definitely want to hear the full album.



I came across this next band by complete accident. I was clicking around and all of a sudden I heard this song playing, and was instantly hooked. It has a nice sound to it and is catchy as well. These guys are up and coming. I tried to look up some more information on these guys but drew blanks everywhere I looked. This is my favorite song of theirs, "Weekend Full of Weekends."



This next band has been around for close to ten years. They have recently received a lot of attention for their song "Ember Drive," which features corey taylor, singer for slipknot and stone sour. I would consider this song a softer rock, though it has a unique sound to it that I almost feel guilty about saying it is soft rock.



This last band is probably one you have not heard before. They call themselves Rehab, and is a mix between southern rock and rap, forming a unique, almost amusing sound that I actually enjoy. The lyrics are pretty cool as well, definitely want to give this song a listen. This is the bartender song.

No comments: