Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rammstein, The Ting Tings, Rehab, Lily Allen

The first song today comes from a german band. They call themselves Rammstein, and have been around for fourteen years now. What makes them unique is that they sing in mostly german. Though it is in a different language, it still does not make it difficult to enjoy this band. I cannot help but nod my head as soon as I hear their music. My favorite song of theirs is "Mann Gegen Mann," which roughly translates to Man against Man. To help you all out with the meaning of the song, I found a video with some English subtitles.



This next band is a band that I have just recently featured. In the previous post I showed you the song that they are most known for, but I don't always like to show the song that a band is most known for. I like to show everyone more than just the singles. After listening to two of their albums, I picked out my favorite song from the album "Graffiti the World." It is entitled "Bottles and Cans." The beat for this song instantly captures you. Throughout the album you can hear bottles and cans of spray paint faintly in the background that adds a cool feel that I'm sure not everyone catches. The lyrics throughout the song and album as a whole are genius as well.



The Ting Tings recently released their latest album, and in honor of their release, I thought I would show you my personal favorite song from the album. I really enjoy how unique and "far out" they go with their songs. Their music comes off a bit strange at times, but I think that is what makes them great. I think you will know very quickly what makes this song unique as soon as you listen to it. This is called "Great DJ."



I debated a long time on whether or not to post this next singer. It is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine that I am unsure you all will enjoy. I have a soft spot for accents, and Lily Allen really has a beautiful one that I can't help but be swooned by. The lyrics themselves are fairly amusing, as well as the music video. The song is entitled "Alfie."

No comments: