Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Slipknot, The Grammar Club, The Dollyrots

Slipknot is co-headlining with Disturbed in the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival this summer. Along with this concert, slipknot is also planning to release their newest album "All Hope is Gone," which is set to be released August 28th, 2008. This will be the fourth studio album, with the last being released in 2004. The band has stated that they wanted to make this album their heaviest to date, and their newest single from the album does this statement justice. This is Slipknot's "All Hope is Gone," the title track from their newest album.



This next band is really working to break through. They are an up and coming band that works hard to promote their band. I have a lot of respect for bands that offer a download of their single, but these guys go the extra mile and offer their full CD for download at their website. This song, entitled "Bank Holiday," is a great song that mashes rock, rap, and electronica type music together to gain a unique feel that really captures and grasps your attention. I definitely recommend checking this band out and downloading their debut album, "Bremelanotide."



The Dollyrots is a punk band that I have really been enjoying lately. Normally I am not really keen on punk, pop style music, but this band is really an exception for me. Their newest album, "Because I'm Awesome," has many good songs on it, which made it hard for me to choose which one I would be displaying. Eventually I decided to go with their new single, "Brand New Key."

4 comments:

Raiment Urbane said...

Disturbed and Slipknot together? Why do i live so far away =(.

Kalinae said...

yea, should be amazing. I can't wait to go. Don't worry, I'll send you some pictures :P

Raiment Urbane said...

Yes!. You should take tons of pictures. I love concert pictures.

Maybe I'll look at them while blasting the music and It'll be the same as "being there" :p

haha well a girl can dream at least.

Kalinae said...

hahah there ya go! Way to make do with what you have :) Where are you located by the way? I noticed your blog is a mix of english / spanish (well I think it's spanish, haha)