Saturday, June 21, 2008

Soulidium, Flogging Molly, Jet Black Stare

While I was looking for some concerts that I might be interested in seeing this summer, I saw that Sevendust and Alter Bridge were playing a concert at my favorite venue in August. While looking at their supporting acts, I came across a band that I had not heard of before, Soulidium. I began to youtube them and check out a few of their songs, and was not disappointed in what I heard. I will definitely be checking out their CD soon, but first I wanted to show you my favorite song from what I heard on youtube, "The Light."



Flogging Molly is an Irish American band that formed in Los Angeles, California. I find it interesting that they have such thick accents and dialect yet formed in California and have been around for quite some time. As you know by now, I am a sucker for accents, and there is no exception here. It gives this song a little extra "umph." That along with the dialect makes this next song, "Requiem for a Dying Song," a great one. This comes straight off their new album, "Float."



This next band is a brand new one that I recently heard about on the radio. They call themselves Jet Black Stare, and are up and coming in the world of music. Back in early 2007, Rod Black, frustrated with his past bands, set out and found the perfect song writing companion Jeff Johnson. Together they formed the band and music. A year and a half later, the band is ready to release their debut album, "In This Life." This is their first single from the album, "Ready to Roll."

No comments: